Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 20:15:58 PDT
Greetings fellow ferret parents,

I just love reading funny stories.

On the subject of couches my hubby and I found it easier to stick with
guaranteed ferret proof furniture.  We have a small living room so we opted
for a futon and a papa san chair.  I would like to get another futon, but
haven't gotten to it yet.  Anyway, Kalie can climb on and under it all she
wants.  It also makes it easier to find all her hidden treasures.  We
decided to give up on conventional furniture (until the carpet shark and any
future cs can have their own room to play in) after Rufus - deceased - kept
hiding in it and digging.  The mess that couch made when we finally dragged
it to the curb for garbage pickup amazed me.  What surprised me even more
was that Rufus did not develop any problems from it.  What I would like to
know is how to discourage Kalie from going behind and under the fridge.  It
is blocked off, but she is bound and determined to get back there.  Any
suggestions?

Melissa-
I loved your anecdotes about taking ferret photos.  I have found if I
program my camera for action photos and then sit in a central location and
follow the fuzzy movements I can usually come up with a few suitable
pictures.  The problem I have is my human child wants to get in on the act.
I have lots of him, but not so many of the fuzzies.  With two gone I wish I
had more pictures of them both.

The stories about slippers are hilarious and too precious.  In our house it
is Sebastian's teddy bear slippers.  However, any slipper will do to be
hidden.  Sandals also have a way of disappearing, too.

Elizabeth-
Your dad sounds like a character. Keep on telling tales.

Rudy-
Funny bit on the USDA report. What is scary is that there are people out
there who really would react like that.

Well that is all for now
In ferret love,

Donelle and the rest of the Whiting clan
Sebastian - the human child (Mommy, can we let Kalie out to play? I have
this new pillow trap for her.)
Kalie - the fuzzy child (I know there is a way past this stuff Mommy put
here)