From:
Roger McMillian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 13:28:05 -0700
De-lurking here to respond to a post a few issues back:
Regarding to various topics posted here (e.g.  stories of illness & loss,
etc) I'm sure it's all been said already, but my $0.02 worth on the matter.
As the editor of "Off the Paw", the official newsletter for the Greater
Chicago Ferret Association, it's my sad task to type the memorials for
ferrets (and other pets) who've taken the path to the Rainbow Bridge.  In
most cases, I've known the ferrets mentioned and the humans they left behind
and having lost a few furries over the years, I can even more identify with
their loss.  My eyes are seldom dry when I'm typing their memorials.  They
do this not so much to mourn the passing of their pet, but to celebrate the
life it shared with them.  It's a form of therapy.  Posters giving us
progress reports on their ailing ferrets are not looking for sympathy so
much as they are looking for feedback from others who have had similar
experiences.  They are also looking for support.  That's one of the many
things the FML has provided over the years - SUPPORT.  It's a network of
caring and sharing ferret-folk.  I've been on a fe other mailing lists and
none of them are as supportive to their topic as this one.  There's no such
thing as 'wasted band-width' where the FML is concerned.  BIG does a great
job as moderator and the folks here seldom (if ever) stray off-topic.
<soapbox mode off>

The Greatest Ferret Show on Earth #9 - October 18th, 1997

This year marks the 10th Anniversary of the Graeter Chicago Ferret
Association and its Ferret Shelter.  Our 9th Ferret Show will be held at Du
Page County Fairgrounds, 2015 Manchester Rd.  in Wheaton, Illinois on
Saturday October 18th.  Applications for entries and vendor/club tables at
the show are available from The GCFA at P.O. Box 7093 Westchester, IL
60154-7093.  This year,we'll be in larger quarters with more vendor/club
space and will be starting the judging an hour earlier.  Further information
may be pbtained from our website:

http://ferret.chi.il.us/ferret/

Roger McMillian
Cinbad "I Love Charlee Bear Dog Treats"
Snowball "ZZZZZZZZZZZ"
Pepper " Get out. Get out! This is MY snooze toob!"
Princess "Not so... I was here first!"