From:
Tim Theriault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 1997 20:42:50 -0400
I am writing in response to all the people who have been sharing their
tear-jerking stories about ferrets dying.  While I do sympathize with you
all, I really don't think this is the place to put your stories.  I
subscribed to this mailing list in the hopes of finding people to talk to
whenever my ferrets were sick, had a weird illness, etc.  I didn't subscribe
to listen to people go into GREAT detail about their ferrets' last days on
earth.  I have 6 ferrets that are very much alive and I don't want to cry
everytime I read this mailing list.  Although I know it will one day happen
to me too, I would rather think of the ones who are alive, not dead.  I
don't like having to hug and kiss my ferrets everyday just because one of
you SHARED your story about your ferret dying in your arms.  If this mailing
list is just a place for people to share death stories, then I don't want to
be subscribed to it.  There are chatrooms on AOL for people who have lost
animals, I suggest you discuss your sadness there.

Thanks

Christine & Tim, the furry 6, and the 2 cats

[Moderator's note: Posts are pretty much grouped by topic - many people
choose to skip one section or another.  Actually, the remainder of this
FML is filled with tear-jerkers.  Thought I'd warn you all... BIG]