From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 23:02:33 -0500
I'd better warn folks that I'm going to be stranger than usual for a while.
Blanche, my step-mother, had a defect in her aorta blow today.  She's made
it through the first critical 12 hours so her chances of survival are much
better now.  They have her in ICU (Earlier she was in Cardiac ICU.), and
she's on heavy pain meds as well as medications to lower her blood pressure.
My step-sister, Ann, will be flying out to be there, and my sister, Nancy
lives about 30 minutes away from Dad and Blanche.  All we can do is wait and
see, with the hope that the aorta will seal itself -- surgery is too
dangerous right now.  I might write a lot nervously, or I might not
communicate for a while or both sporadically.  Blanche and Dad are both
almost 83, and they are very devoted to each other.  In fact, if they make
it next year will be their 20th anniversary.  Sorry this isn't a ferret
thing, but a lot of folks here communicate with me and I get a lot of
questions, but may be useless for a while.  Sorry.

Sukie