From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 22:20:24 -0500
Yep, nothing like a ferret at the end of a bad day... We were broken into on
Monday night, and my computer and all my cds were stolen.  Two of the main
foci of my life.  Thank everything under the sun that the ferrets were
fine-- I think Cully saw the intruder though, because he was pretty spooked
when my roommates and I got home.  Anyway I held up pretty well until
Wednesday night, when my roommate put on the one cd that wasn't stolen (the
Trainspotting soundtrack, fittingly enough, I think), and I lost it.  As I
sat on my bed sobbing, mr.  "don't touch me don't hold me I'm not cuddly"
Cully came up to me and licked my face.  Just long enough to remind me that
the important thing was that they and me were ok!  (we're installing an
alarm system and will feel much safer when it's in place-- we think it was a
random, opportunistic junkie kinda robbery, but it's still upsetting).

Thanks to tle for the flowers to everybody-- I know it brightened my week up!
Regina
and Cully and Amelia too (don't worry, mom, we weren't stolled!)