From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 13:05:49 -0800
For those of you following the story of the lousy breeder in TX that
authorities want to shut down...

At this writing, 12:45 Friday, Animal Control has nothing to report on this
situation.  I believe this means they are still simply waiting for the court
to issue a warrant so they can go in and arrest this person.  Waiting is
frustrating, especially when there are so many unanswered questions about
this situation.

But on a happy note, we simply had to ask them if there was any chance that,
once the authorities were involved, an order might be issued for the animals
to be euthanized.  They said emphatically, "NO!" This has never happened in
this city, and they assure us it won't!  Whew, that is a load off my mind.

We have had offers of donations from several people and want to thank all of
you who have contacted us.  Some are kind of far away, so I am not sure how
all of this will come together, but we will let you all know what we need.
But, hey, if we can get emergency surgery done on a ferret in Calgary, then
have her brought to Texas and placed in a wonderful and loving home,
anything is possible!!

Those of you following this story may wish to subscribe to the DFW mailing
list for more frequent updates and information as it develops.  That address
is [log in to unmask] We are hoping that someday our list will be as big
as the FML.  We have subscribers from across the nation on this list, as
does the FML.

Gotta go, kisses to the fuzzbutts.

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter