From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 23:07:05 -0500
Well I don't have any advice for Rhonda since its been a year - hope more
experienced people can help you.

Catherine: Not much advice here either but I do have a story of a biter that
really calmed down after it turned a year old.  A friend of mine's Spunky
sounds very similar except that she is small.  She is now almost 3.  After a
year she quit biting everything but noses/faces.  You can't let her near
your face but other than that she is fine.  Of course if you get her
excieted she will nip your feet, hands etc.  harder than some.  I would
suggest you quit hand wrestling with her.  Play only with toys, terrycloth
bathrobe sash, cat toy on a string etc.  It sounds like she cant handle the
excitement with human/flesh contact.  If you still cant cope (and I know I'd
be pretty nervous too) give Tracy Tunnison a call - she lives north of
Lansing - Tracy you there?  Maybe she can work with her for a few months and
you'll get her back?

I have to relate something I saw on aol about a year ago - think I mentioned
it once awhile back.  I certainly DONT RECOMMEND THIS but thought it quite
bizarre.  A man, not a regular poster, posted a very grieved angry letter
because his beloved ferret died at three from adrenal cancer - he had not
been aware of the diseases that take them from us so soon - he was very
upset.  But the bizarre thing was when he was talking about her and how
great she was he said he let her out for a half hour every night then let
her in and she slept on his feet.  I was like LET HER OUT EVERY NIGHT!  GOOD
GOD!  Apparently he would just open the door after half an hour and there
she'd be.  It's just so incredible (not to mention not a good idea) I cant
ever forget it.

Mary, Boris and Giesela