Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:49:48 -0600
Hello all!

I am responding to Mo Bob's question on ferret ethics.  I guess my last post
(about Bandit and her adrenal disease) was along the same lines.  She's
older and has this terrible illness but what do we do about it?  I guess
maybe I decided that surgery was too rough for her.  I didn't want to put
her through the pain and trauma of surgery and recovery.  I know that she's
not well and never will be again but for the life of me, and her I guess, I
can't justify hurting her more (and that's how I view the surgery since it
may not help at all).  I try to make her life more happy now.  I hold her a
lot.  We talk and sleep together.  I took her to work with me today for a
change of view and so I could hold her because we had a rough night.  I try
to feed her anything she'll eat and give her what she wants.

I don't think surgery at Bandit's age would help. The vets I've been to say
the same and this goes double since she has advanced symptoms. I am going
to let nature take its course and love and hold Bandit all the way.

Fuzzy kisses,
Melissa Knapp
Pippen, Jordan and Rodman
Springfield Ferret Association