Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 23:10:22 -0500
From:
Barbara Bidot <[log in to unmask]>
Greetings All!

Long time FMLer, have a problem I would like to get some feedback on.  My
little girl, Truffles, has been throwing up intermittently.  It began last
week on Monday.  I happen to find a pile of "used" food in the cage.  This
same thing happened on Weds AM and sometime during Wed.  night after I
isolated her to make sure it was her.

By this time I was getting worried and decided to give her Laxatone twice a
day for three days.  She was shedding.  They always get Laxatone twice a
week.  Well, she was able to get through a couple of days with no problems.
Then on Saturday night (same week) I let her and the bunch out.  I gave her
a treat and less than ten minutes later that treat comes back up.  Now I am
on the phone with the Vet and she recommended no food, just duck soup for
24hrs and a little of Pepto-B.  I did not get far with the Pepto-B. but did
good on the Duck Soup.  Again, no more problems Sunday or Monday.

My SO was getting very worried about her that we took her in for a
Barinum(sp?) this past Tuesday.  The xrays showed nothing at all, all clear.
Now, we are both relieved.  Not for long.  Just tonight I gave her a dose of
Laxatone (just let them out of their cage and they have been out for a 1/2
hour) and less than 5 mintues she brings the Laxatone up!  Now I am stumped!

Overall, she is playful, eating well (has lost a little weight) and poops
with no problems.  She is a year and two months old and lives with four
others, they are all fine.  Unfortuantely, I did not have a CBC done while
she was at the Vet.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this or any remedy would be
greatly appreciated.  Any recommendations from the Vets out there as far as
a diagnostic procedure would be very helpful.

Thank you for your great support!

Dooks!