Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 14:53:25 -0500
From:
"Kris Aaron-Benedum (and S. & S.)" <[log in to unmask]>
>I am writing in response to all the people who have been sharing their
>tear-jerking stories about ferrets dying.  While I do sympathize with you
>all, I really don't think this is the place to put your stories ... I
>don't want to cry everytime I read this mailing list.  Although I know it
>will one >day happen to me too, I would rather think of the ones who are
>alive, not dead.
>Christine & Tim

Dear Christine & Tim: This Is NOT A Flame!!!
you are specially blessed because you haven't lost one of your babies yet.
when you do, the comfort of sharing your pain with those who understand just
what you're feeling will be a tremendous help.

why do we "two-leggers" outlive virtually all our animal companions?  we
were given these long lives in part so we could care for the littles (and
the bigger ones, too) and send them off with love and kindness when the time
came, as well as having so many years to make the world better for all
living creatures.

thanks to the sharing of grief from people who have lost those they loved, I
can tell my grandchildren all about the rainbow bridge and point out the
place where the furchildren (as well as those with scales, fins and
feathers) wait for the wonderful day when we will be together again.  the
tears and sadness you feel when reading about others' losses are as
important as the information you get on your furchildren's health and the
joy you have in sharing your lives with them.  love is not just laughter and
play -- it is also worry, fear and heartbreak.  whenever we love another
creature we must accept the absolute certainty that they will someday leave
us in death.  grieving is a part of that acceptance, and sometimes it means
reaching out for a virtual hand to hold.

i understand how upsetting it can be to read about others' losses, but
please know that on the dreadful day you lose one of your babies, we'll be
there for you.

-- rainey, stormin, shredni, cairbre and angel
in memory of scooter and the rainbow gang