From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 09:56:58 -0500
I am not sure about the posting offered for verification, but at Ferret Wise
Shelter Fostered means -- that the caretaking is contributed by the family
who cares for a ferret with special needs.  They provide food, litter, love--
if necessary the shelter pays for needed medication / suppliments.

On the other hand sponsoring is -- folks make donations to help the shelter
support specific ferrets who are waiting for the right adopting family.
This helps the ferrets and the shelters who pay for vaccinations other
needed such as surgery, x -rays , medical care etc.

We estimate at Ferret Wise that $10 per month covers the cost of food and
litter for each ferret-- this however does not include the extras.  Perhaps
this is what the other shelter also meant when they made their shelter
update report.