Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 09:55:13 -0500
Well I told you about Sebastian's strang biting behavior last time.  I got
some good tips (Thanks Anthony & Lee).  Sabbi (my girlfriends nickname for
him) just seems to pick on certain people to attack.  In answer to Lee, in
particular, my mom handles him as much as I do and gives him the same sort
of smack on the nose that I give him when he misbehaves.  He also has the
same sort of affinity for my GF's father's feet.  I'm gonna spell out how he
gets to that biting point and anyone who sees what the problem is write back
to me and please tell me what I'm doing wrong:

I usually get home from school mid-afternoon.  That's usually the time I let
him out of his cage (too big a house with too many rat-holes for him to run
and hide in).  If I don't have any serious HW to do I'll let him loose and
give him free reign of the house.  I've noticed that sometimes when I let
him loose he comes flying out of his cage with a vengeance.  He runs to the
first patch of carpet and starts doing what my GF has called "the floor
exercises." He really looks like a gymnast flipping and rolling and
generally freaking out.  It's usually at this time that most of the biting
incidents have occurred.

He also seems to be an attention seeker.  He loves to follow my sister
around the house because he knows she's frightened to death of him.  He'll
just chase her and chase her until she heads for higher ground or slams a
door in his face.  Maybe the biting is a symptom of this attention seeking?
Maybe he bites because my mom and my GF's dad usually let him loose and then
continue on their merry way instead of laying with him like I do?

Alex