From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 19:59:12 -0500
Meltdown is a bit off today, but it does not seem like much to worry about.
Don't worry, she did not get influenza from me.  Instead, she seems to
possibly have the same gastro-intestinal bug that I had yesterday -- nothing
huge but certainly annoying for the poor elderly lady (not me, I'm no lady).
Whether the recent precipitation caused another drain over-flow into the
water supply or if we just got some virus we don't know, but for now she's
on Pepto, and so far is taking liquid food (spoon eating is something she
enjoys even when nausiated).  If she requires syringe feeding or sub-Q
rehydration we will do so, and if she is still ill by Monday she will get
antibiotics.

The higher dosage of Furosemide is working well (0.4 cc did not hold her) so
she is on 0.5 cc for however long she works out with that.  Of course, this
means that she drinks ENORMOUS amounts of water, and we are pretty much at
the point where we will have to request the black and white sections of the
New York Times from our neighbor to add to our's.  Steve has taken to
calling them "pee leaves".  She goes through 5 or more sections/day (During
weekdays it's a 4 section newspaper.), so by the end of the week all B&W
weekend sections and all daily sections have been drowned.  When they go to
color they had better use vegetable dyes rather than metallic.  Does anyone
know what dyes they are CURRENTLY using for the color sections?  It would
help if we could use those.

Sukie