From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 11:17:13 -0500
Sharon Burbine followed up my posting with concerns on the height of the
cage and lack of levels.  Yeah, they're high.  I added three 1.5' wide
wooden shelves to each of mine, so they've each got two levels and several
ramps.  One of the middle levels is just a ramp leading up to a hammock; the
top level has a pillowcase hammock.  When you buy the cage it comes with two
carpeted shelves that are really pretty inadequate.  I borrowed from the
design of those and just cut wood boards to fit, sanded them, and installed
hooks at either end so i can take the shelves out and rearrange them when
necessary.  With five boards, the cage is very safely multi-level.  Nobody's
ever fallen more than 7 inches.

The cage collapses with a maximum of effort, but it folds down to a very
compact shape.  The cage also comes off the base *very* conveniently, and
locks on more securely than it looks like it would.  The only drawback of
the shelves i put in is the fact that the ferrets' claws go *skrrrt*
*skrrrt* - i just dont keep them in my bedroom. :)  No splinters so far,
either.

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters