From:
"Nancy L. Silvernale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:26:44 -0400
Hi, everyone ...

A few weeks ago I posted how my Albert was dying and how I was going to have
to make the decision to have him put down...

Many of you responded with your thoughts and personal experience which
definately helped (and maybe some day I'll be able to read them all without
crying!)...

I had Albert put down yesterday.  He gave that lousy disease a good fight,
but he was tired and didn't want to play anymore.

I rocked and kissed him for an hour before the drive to Dr. Dutton's.  He
stayed in my lap, wrapped in a towel, the entire trip ..  and never even
tried to get out.

Right before I handed him over, I gave him a goodbye kiss and he kissed me
back (which he hadn't done in all the time I spent with him before).

So, if any of you out there wondered if people were being "melodramatic"
when they say their ferret gave them a goodbye kiss and the "it's OK Mom,
I'm tired and I want to go" sign ..  their not.

It happened to me and I believe with all my heart he knew it was time.

I couldn't be with him because of the way he had to be put down, but the
assistants were with him (and crying as well), and for that I will be
forever thankful to them (and did Thank them!).

Thanks again ... it's nice to know there are so many people out there
who understand and care!

Nancy