From:
Nikole Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:40:00 -0400
Hi!!  I have posted here a couple of times and gotten some really great help
so I am writing again for some more.  I am trying to put two "only ferrets"
together.  I have a one year old and have decided to get him (and me) a
friend who is three.  They both have always been only ferrets.  Biscuit (one
year old) is playful and energetic and Squeaky (three year old) is calm and
would rather cuddle than wrestle.

Biscuit is biting and hissing and Squeaky is scratching and hissing.  I want
them to get along so that I can put them together to keep each other company
while I am at work but it doesn't look to promising right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions on helping them get used to each other and
hopefully become friends??  I have read that you are not supposed to break
them up unless there is blood.  Is that true??  I introduced them yesterday
and I have been separating them when they start biting.  I am also getting a
14 week old ferret this weekend from a family that can't keep him so I
wanted them to be able to get along before I bring another one home.

Also is there any way to tell if a ferret has all of their shots if you do
not have any paper work??

Thanks as always!!!!

Nikole, Biscuit ("What'd you bring her home for??!!") and Squeaky ("I
don't want to play with him!!")