From:
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 07:58:52 -0800
>From:    Vesna Kovach <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Just needed to sound off
>Do you understand what you've done?  You've damaged many people who may be
>innocent of these serious charges.  You just might be responsible for
>ruining a Good Thing.  But you don't know, because you didn't check your
>facts before you inflicted your wounds

From our perspective they were not unsubstantiated rumors.  Misinformation
was being spread from the show sponsors.  Facts WERE checked and we think
this warning prompted the show sponsors into doing the right thing.  They
added precautions at the 11th hour because of these warnings.  This show may
have taken place on the West coast but the sponsor/sanctioner were more East
coast.  LOS is based in PA and LIFE is based in VA.  The only West Coast
influence was really just the sister of the PA sponsor.

Credit is due to them for heeding the warnings albeit just in time of
potential problems.  We do applaud their added efforts to prevent further
spread of disease.  These precautions were added so late that show
exhibitors were not even informed of what was expected.  Fortunately we've
heard of no one who was unable to attend because of the added reuirements.

From enough sources the picture of this show was that any ruination was not
from warnings about diseases to be spread at the show.  Questionable judging
and even more questionable revocation of trophies were the biggest problems.
Blame for these goes a different direction.

From everything we can tell this show turned out rather like all other LOS
shows in the country.  It was not a "Good Thing" ruined.

>I sincerely hope you find a way to make up for your bad deed.  I'm sure
>there is at least one within your power, which is considerable.

The poster of the warning has earned good karma with the warning.  She has
made up for the bad deeds of others.  Would you like to know more of the
facts of this issue?  They can be provided - just ask.

The poster was from Washington and more privy to details than you would have
been in Wisconsin.

bill killian