From:
Chris Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 10:35:24 -0500
Loki has gotten out twice.  The first time she seriously outwitted me and
went from my attic bedroom clear down and under three doors to end up in the
downstairs neighbors apartment.  He promptly put her outside thinking that's
where she belonged (ok, don't be me started on that).

Anyway, after hanging around my house for a while, she wandered down to the
campus green space where I often took her for walks.  From there she went
across another busy street and when she decided that it was time to go
inside, she started trying to get into another person's house.  Fortunately
the person recognized Loki for what she was and took her to a pet store.
Lots of caring people and an ad in the paper reunited us.  And the lady from
the pet store was so impressed with Loki's behavior she offered to buy her
from me if I ever had to get rid of her (Like that would ever happen!) We
were both very lucky.

The second time Loki got out I was out of town and my roommate was fert
sitting.  Loki stayed in our yard for several hours.  Fortunately the across
the street neighbor recognized Loki (everyone on the street had seen me
walking her - well except the downstairs guy apparently) and took her in
until my roommie came home.  I honestly believe that Loki had learned her
lesson from her previous adventure and realized that she had better stick
around the house.

Now when I take her for walks.  Whenever she hears a loud noise she pulls me
toward home and runs to the front door trying to get in.  And she does this
when I take her to visit my Dad and my boyfriend's parents.  She always
makes sure that she can get back to the door that leads to the house.

Cheers
chris
Loki's constant supervisor