From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 22:26:48 -0500
Because of Meltdown's restarting episodes of syncope from her ventricular
rhythm problems we were faced with the decision whether to increase her
digoxin, and have decided to NOT do so because it turns out that her doses
would be high enough to greatly diminish her quality of life, and that's all
she has now so we want her to enjoy whatever time she has left.  Also, if
she does go during a bout it will be about the gentlest passing anyone could
ever desire.  As you all know by now, Meltdown is in the final stage of
cardiomyopathy and has continued in this stage far longer than ever expected.

We're glad this year may be having an early Spring because she loves to hear
all the bird voices again and smell the world coming to life around her.  In
one way Spring will be harder for her since it's more difficult to keep the
temperature as stable as we have been doing, but having a time which brings
her joy is worth the risk.

'Chopper the Organic Helicopter and Spot have finally accepted Jumpstart
after 3 weeks.  Poor Spot seemed shocked for quite a while at not being the
only male ferret and "Choppie can just be a grouch at times (It's in her
contract.), but now he is accepted by more than Warp and Meeteetse so that's
marvelous.  Those two sweet girls are still his best friends, though.
Perhaps tomorrow we'll put him in the cage overnight with them, maybe not.
When ever we do so we'll leave his separate cage available for about a week
in case there's a night argument.  This afternoon all were sleeping
comfortably together in the romp room when he apparently had a nightmare.
Boy, can he ever "Wraccckkkk, wraccckkkkk!".  Since I was watching at the
time I know the others were all asleep and no one hurt him, but he sure
wanted Mommy hugs.

Kat, I really dig the concept of ferret as rock and roll "cat".  Somehow I
don't see them heavy metal but more "Kooky, Kooky, lend me your comb".
Poor Kooky would never get it back.  Spot on the other hand likes the idea
of "Seven little girls sitting in the back seat, all of them in love with
Spot".

Sukie