From:
Maria DeCicco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 09:30:28 -0500
Hello to All,

I wrote a few days ago about my ferret Ginger who had her left Adrenal Gland
removed back in December.  The past two weeks or so, she has lost most of
her hair on her bottom and we noticed some mucus and a swollen vulva.  I
took her to the vet last night and he confirmed that she is going to need
her right gland removed.  I am so upset about putting her through another
surgery in only 7 weeks time.  She has just healed her first longggggggggg
cut.  Although, I have scheduled her for surgery for next Friday.  She is
3.5 years old and in good health other then those darn glands of hers.  I
would like any information anyone has on ferrets who have had both glands
removed.  How is their life after?  Do they need any medication?  If so, for
how long?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  If I seemed to
ramble on, please forgive me.  It is so hard knowing that I need to put her
through another surgery and I know that it is the only thing I can do.  I
know that everyone on the FML understands what this is like and I thank you
all for your support.

Give all your fuzzballs a hug and a kiss today.  For all your ferrets that
are sick - my thoughts are with you.  For all of those who have crossed the
Rainbow Bridge - you are in my Heart.

     Thanks again,
     Maria