From:
Tony Gondick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 22:55:59 -0500
Hello All!  I'm Baaaccckkk!

After a long absence from the FML I am back and with a new addition.  For
those of you who remember me I had one Sable Ferret named Wilber (who will
be 2 on April 6th), a Badger Ferret named Rafiki (who will also be 2 in
April), and now Marius - a Cinnamon Ferret who is 5 months old!  But that's
not why I'm writing.

First let me update you on my "happy little family." Rafiki who was abused
when I got him (very unruly and very malnourished) has recently come out of
trauma and is a playful, healthy, filled-out ferret!  I'm so thankful for
all the responses I got from the member of the FML about how to overcome
Rafiki's fear of people.  Without you, I probably could have never
succeeded!  This is partially my reason for writing.  I do want however to
update you on Wilber.  Wilber was my very first ferret.  I got him during
the summer of 1995 and since then I have seen a tremendous difference from
then and now.  Wilber was and is the perfect ferret.  Very affectionate,
lovable, and people friendly.  Totally docile for a young ferret.  He knew
where to go to the bathroom, what not to get into, and basically required no
training whatsoever!  I couldn't believe that owning a ferret could be so
easy, then I got Rafiki.  But that's a story for another time.  Anyway, my
reason for writing is in fact Wilber.  Over the last few years I have
noticed an increase in Wilber's size and girth.  Now I do watch what he eats
and make sure that he has lots of exercise!  But to be blunt Wilber is HUGE,
Richard Simmons would have a field day with Wilber - Really!!  I have
several friends who have ferrets and Wilber is about 2 - 3 times their size.
Recently when I was at the vet he weighed in at over 2.5 lbs.!  During the
visit the vet said that Wilber was in perfect health, no fleas, no mites, no
disease - nothing!  My question is . . .  Is this normal?  Now that I have
three ferrets and I've seen the length and weight of each (which does vary)
they in no way match Wilber.  He's just . . . HUGE!  Does anybody else have
a similar situation?  I would be glad to send someone pix of my ferrets over
the Internet to show just how big Wilber is compared to other ferrets.  Let
me know what you think!

Thanks for the help and sorry this is so long!

Tony