From:
Tammi Meade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 1997 07:28:17 UT
I am a new owner of a 5 month old Jill (first-time fuzzy owner).  She's a
sweet little thing when she wants to be, but sure gets riled up easily -
then she becomes extremely nippy (she literally attacks and bites my feet -
even when we're perfectly still).

She's still settling in, so I know that part of it is her age and the new
environment.  However, I do want to curb this tendency as soon as possible.
I really want a cuddly fuzzy if possible.  I'm trying to handle her and let
her get comfortable and familiar with her new surroundings, but she doesn't
seem to be getting better.  Are there tricks to getting them comfortable
around you?  I have the Feratone, and that seems to work to a point.

Also, I've purchase a couple of books and read some FAQ's, so I have read
and tried a couple of the "usual" ways for curbing the biting, but I thought
perhaps you "experts" might have some additional suggestions.

Her previous owner (local family that had a litter) taught her to give
kisses and she's done that once with me.  But I think that was mostly
because she forgot it was me ; )

If you have any suggestions/sites/books that I could check out on raising
ferrets I would really appreciate it.

Signed,
Tammi and Jasmine!!