From:
"M. Max" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 16:48:43 -0500
I might be the happiest woman in the world right now.  I was out looking for
Myc and when I returned I had a message on my machine from a woman named
Carey saying she thought she had seen my ferret.  She said that it had
approached her while she was walking the dog and had called her Vet who told
her that I had reported a missing ferret.  She left her house and phone
number.  She lived at the extreme end of our complex and on the other side
of the road that runs through the complex.  I took my squeaky toy in hand
and proceeded to walk the area behind her house.  Myc came running out from
a log pile covered in black plastic.  The first thing he did was grab and
try to carry off the sqeaky toy while I picked him up.  He finally let the
toy go to give me a kiss.  Fiday morning it would have been a week that he
was out.  The weather here has been rainy and near freezing most nights
though the days have be better.  Myc seems a bit thinner ut all and all very
healthy.  Take home messages... Ferrets do travel farther than one might
expect and they do cross roads in their travels.  I must have come near him
several times when I was looking but mostly didn't extend my search as far
away from home as he ended up.  When I called Carey to thank her she said
that it was a funny set of coincendences that made her see him.  She came
home at lunch to walk her boxer dog, which she normally doesn't do because
her husband normally gets home early enough so it isn't necessary.  She also
normally walks him in the front but decided that it would be nice to let him
walk in the back in the grass.  She said Myc came up to her and was real
interested so she was pretty sure that he wasn't a wild animal.  She thought
he might be a ferret but wasn't sure.  She had planned to call her vet
anyway with a question about her dog so she mentioned the weird animal she
saw.  The vet receptionist (Ann at Eagle Rock Vet Clinic) started asking her
questions and then told her about me.  A whole lot of things came together
to help me find Myc.  Something tells me alot of it was your thoughts and
prayers.  Thanks to you all and to Carey and the bright and caring staff at
the vet's (which will from now on be my vet!).  Everybody give their ferrets
a hug for me.

Max