Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 1997 19:01:17 +0000
From:
Jack Collins <[log in to unmask]>
hey all!!!  It's been ahile since I have posted.  Things are pretty quiet
here in Spokane.  No ferret bite incidents since the last one so all is
well.......I have not posted because I have been planning my wedding that is
coming up Sept. 20th....LOTS TO DO!!!!  I am just now catching up on about
two weeks worth of posts......aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!  LOL...oh well......I
have a little rescue named emily that I took in about a month ago.  She had
come from a breeder in Montana somewhere and she had been bred over and over
and over....when she was then dropped off at a breeders place here in
Spokane.  She was just placed in a crate and had OBVIOUSLY been in season
for a LONG time.  I guess no one wanted to breed her anymore and had just
let her go......she was all bone and a little skin.  She didn't even weigh
in at a pound!!!  I was given her by the breeder here in town under the
condition I would (OF COURSE!!) get her fixed...so I had to breed her and
then when she was out of season get her fixed.  Poor little sweetheart.  She
is a beautiful sable, though at the time her coat was sooooo
distgusting.......she had also had fleas, in which we had to get rid of
those toooooo.  Well, I started feeding her a diet of duck soup and Mazuri
food.... Here is my recipe for the duck soup...this is also given to the
babies at the rescue till they are old enough for Mazuri.....

1 jar of baby food --- Turkey and Rice
1 jar of baby food -- Banana Yogurt
2 ml of ferret vitamins
2 scoops baby formula---powder---Prosobee
4 oz water
1/4 cup baby cereal -- Rice

Emily has gained soooo much weight on this duck soup..... After having her
for 2 weeks I took her to get fixed...at the doctors office she weighed in
at 1.3lbs.  YEA!!!  And now it has been about almost 2 months after that and
her coat is sooooo soft!!!  She is gorgeous!!  And she is still gaining
weight...got a nice little tummy now.....still a little bony around the but
but she will get plump!!  My two boys that share a cage with Emily also eat
the duck soup....we actually call it ferret slop (giggle), and they have
gained weight right along side Emily....My vet said she had never seen
Marshall Farm ferrets so healthy and large.  I sure do hope that my Marshall
boys stay healthy and live really long lives!!!  Oh well, just had to share
my sucesses with the slop and my beautiful Emily!!  I've got tons more
planning to do so I must get going!!  Everyone take care out there....

BTW BOB!!!!!  Haven't heard from you in awhile......you alive....???????

Heather