From:
Judith Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 04:38:16 -0500
Hi everyone
Well, we're in the final stages of our move..  should be safely ensconced in
West Columbia, SC by Friday (THANK GOODNESS)..  I drove down to get Don for
the move and we decided that it was time to see if Phoenix (our Chow) and
Peanut were going to be able to play together.  They've been together (with
a cage separating them) since August.  When we arrived, Phoenix didn't even
stop to say hello to Don..  She made a bee-line for the bedroom to find her
Peanut!  They were nose to nose..  seemed overjoyed to see each other.  We
put her out in the backyard and let the Nut loose..  then brought her back
in.  Peanut played hide and seek under the sofa and Phoenix got down on her
haunches and slapped at him playfully... She kept trying to catch him..  He
got real brave and ZOOMED across the living room floor to the other sofa..
Phoenix followed and sniffed and realized that she wouldn't be able to get
to him as long as he was under the furniture.  So she lay in the middle of
the living room and just watched him as he dooked and zoomed from one place
to another all over the house.  She had a look of disdain on her face as he
played... as if to say "How JUVENILE!" She wandered around checking our her
new home and Pasnut snuck up behind her and started playing with her feet...
She just pulled them away..  and he'd stike again..  he was trying to get
her to chase him!  We watched the two of them and laughed as he did his
usual fert tricks to get attention!  He'd run then plop then run and plop
again and look back over his shoulder to see if she was following.  At one
point, Don walked down the hall and both of them followed him... then
followed him back out to the living room..  We are delighted that the two
are getting along..  of course they won't be left to play unsupervised, but
they are getting along famously.  They haven't been together for 5 weeks so
it was old home week yesterday!

Our hearts are with you who are dealing with sick babies and hope that all
goes well..

Will write again soon..

Don, Judi and Peanut