From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 16:49:49 -0800
My ferts used to go with me to my store every day.  Being ferrets, they had
to greet everyone who came into the store.  Problem was....those who had not
been in the store before, did not know the ferts were there and would do
their best to inadvertantly step on one.

So.........

Clever person that I am (sic)........I made up a sign that said:

GUARD FERRET ON DUTY

It was large, very easily seen..and it was placed on the lower glass panal
of the entrance door, below the handle....forcing people to look down as
they came in.  Now they saw the ferts and the days of near misses ended.

The ferts loved the store..Billy would sit on the top of a chair by the
window and look for people.  Garret was always trying to figure out how to
get on any of the computer desks to get to the potted plants.  Any car
pulling up in front of the store elicited great jumps of joy and many
chuckles and barks..and they were always ferret-on-the-spot at the side of
the door, greeting each and every individual that came in.

The store is closed now, but the memories of the ferrets in the computer
store will stay with me forever....As times pass, perhaps I will recount
some of the many 'occurances' and ferret moments that happened.  (**If** FML
readers are interested!)

Joe, with Billy asleep at my feet and Garret trying to type.
k;m bhjgfdovpsld90co0-10-io59g` 3 {{{Cut that out!}}}
[Let ME tell the story Pop, I can get everyone's attention better than you!]
{{{Yeah...rrriight!}}}