From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - GA Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 1997 21:25:10 -0500
>From:    zen and the art of ferrets - bill and diane <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: wire floors;
>How would bare wire floors remove a foot?  I'm not saying it isn't possible
>but don't see how.

I haven't had the misfortune of having a fuzzy lose a foot.  But I have seen
them get their foot hooked in the wire of the 2nd story, where the mat had
been pushed away from the edge at the top of the ramp.  The ramp wasn't
covered either & I found Chaos dangling to the side of the ramp by his foot.

Had I not been there the second I heard his cry I don't know what would have
happened to him.  Luckily, the cage wire is covered w/a thick plastic
coating.  I believe, had the wire not had such a smooth coating, there would
have been considerable cutting into the flesh by bare wire.

I have not had the problem since I covered the ramp & the flooring above.

Juliana
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu, Chaos & Tuxedo