From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 07:22:26 -0500
I want to put my 2 cents in about pet stores, here in Fenton, Michigan, a
small town, we have a pet store called Pet Barn, and this is where I
purchased my first ferret, and second ferret, Loosewire and Lucy.  When we
had the idea to buy a ferret, we were in Flint, Michigan, a large city,
husband and I stopped at a pet store called Ocean Odessy, and we looked at
their ferrets, the young man took a ferret out, and just something about the
ferret, we were not impressed, nor were any of the others in their cage
behind glass, lets just say it wasn't well maintained, the ferrets just
didn't look impressive, so we decided not to purchase, they were selling
their ferrets for $99.00.

We went to Fenton, and stopped by the Pet Barn, and soon was showed by an
expierenced employee, a cage of beautiful ferrets, the cage was in excellant
condition, with all the proper things that ferrets should have, food, water,
bedding, and toys, the ferrets were all active, and alert, the employee went
into detail on the knowledge of ferrets, how to take care of them, and
answered all questions.  He showed us many different style of cages
andhelped us with purchasing a cage, food etc.  He showed us cages that he
recommended was to be the best, which we purchased a 2 1/2 tier condo, by
Safeguard, 99.00, they sold Marshal Farms and Totally Ferret food, and he
explained the difference and his personal choice was Totally Ferret, which
we purchased a 5 lb bag for a whopping $21.99.  Which is the first and last
time purchasing food from them.  Their pet store sells more exotic animals,
and I am impressed with their store, they have a large staff, and their
constantly cleaning and feeding the animals.  We purchased the ferret for
139.00 that included their first series of shots.  We went back within 2
weeks and purchased our second ferret from them, Loosewire and Lucy are MF's
and they have been great.

Yes there are great pet stores out there, and like any business
establishment there are terrible ones, you have to decide what best suits
you and your needs, and if buying from a filthy neglected store and your
main purpose is to save any animal from further time of living there, then
God Bless you, that is wonderful!!

We have a great sock stealer here, Klondyke loves to steal socks and small
underwear, hubby caught him running under the couch with a bra and socks,
or he'll run and stach it in the hall closet.

Marti