From:
Holly Amber Callaway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 09:58:14 -0500
When I took snow for her shots I asked my vet the baking soda question.  She
said that baking soda should be OK and the little bit used to brush teeth
wouldn't hurt them.  However, she also said salty baking soda would probably
make them neauseas (sp) and they really wouldn't like it.  She recommended
buying the pet toothpaste instead.  (for those who were curious about the
answer to this question.)

Holly,
Snow, Maggie, Rascal, TJ, Samantha

PS> Samantha, my alpha ferret, was introduced to Snow, a rescue,
yesterday.  She bit her hard enough to draw blood!!  This is the first
time I've had this problem, but I'm working with them.