From:
Chris Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 10:56:25 +0000
-Yakiri,
Congratulations on the new edition to your family....I too read the FML and
EVERYTHING else available before purchasing my ferret Sherman.  It's nice to
have some idea of what to expect and what you need before bringing the
little fuzzy home.

This morning I was in the pet store picking up food for Sherman.  This is an
hour chore since of course I must play with the babies that they have there
also.  There was a couple looking at the ferrets and I became a bit
uncomforable listening to them...They were contemplating taking one home
with them, but obviously knew nothing about them.... They asked if I had
one, and of course I told them all about Sherman : )

I also asked them if they used the internet much, and they both said all the
time....I suggested a couple of sites, and the FAQ and also the FML for
them.  Told them it was really helpful to read all about them if they
weren't sure that that's what they really wanted.  So anyway, I hope if they
left the store with a fuzzy that they at least go home and read up on the
care of it.  Is it horrible to prefer that they know more about them BEFORE
buying them?

I'll wrap this up with saying, Yes, I only have 1 ferret but hopefully in
the next 6 months that will be different.  I just have to find the "perfect"
Peabody for my Sherman.

Take care all and hugs to your fuzzies.
Chris
Sherman(*hey, I prefer to be called Shermie!*)