From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 10:43:39 -0800
I just had to post a note to say the number of people still uninformed about
ferrets is incredible.  I have been helping the Calif.  legalization efforts
for over a year now and recently took Jeanne's "Wanted' posters and
plastered them all over Bay Area vets and pet stores.... well, I went into a
local Pet Club this past weekend for fuzzy supplies.  This store's bulletin
board area is by the front door where any customer/patron can post something
and have access to the currently posted items.  This is where I placed the
legalization/wanted poster last month.  Well, sometime in the past two
weeks, someone actually wrote on the poster, "Ferrets kill cats and birds -
don't do it!!"

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS.  I was instantly sooooo mad, I took out a pen and
scratched the writing off, then went home for another new poster and
replaced the damaged one.  Maybe it was a CaCa Fish & Gestapo person who
inflicted this injustice, but if not, California is, unfortunately, still
the home of many, many ignorant people.  It even took me a long time to
educate my own extended family about ferrets once I became owned by them
last year (they all heard different things about ferrets, i.e. "don't they
carry parasites?  don't they hurt babies & ruin the crops?" etc... enough to
get me on a soapbox!!) We REALLY need to continue with education alongside
the legalization efforts in Calif.  I'm even considering moving out of this
ridiculous state... and if AB363 doesn't pass next week, I will seriously
reevaluate my life here.  My company has a Boston, MA-area office, in fact,
maybe I'll relocate there!!  Everyone, PLEASE help with the upcoming Calif.
legalization and educate everyone you can too!!!  Thank you!!

Jennifer & her spunky three