From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 00:15:56 -0500
>From:    Monkey & Kona Schlossberg <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Clubs and breeders?
 [and]
>From:    Michael Phelps <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Find me a friend?
>We checked out the American Ferret Association records on shelters and don't
>see any in Kentucky.

STAR* maintains the most complete and up to date database of ferret
shelters, clubs, veterinarians, product sellers, and contacts in the United
States and tries very hard to keep most international groups and resources
on the list as well.  The AFA and other clubs, as well as some ferret books
and magazines, tend to pull from a dated version of the STAR* list, but
never contact either STAR* or the resources themselves afterwards to see if
the information is still current.  STAR* sends a survey out every December
to all the resources (except vets) which is over 500 letters, first class,
to find out if the resource is still active.  If letters are returned
because the address has been changed or the forwarding order is expired, the
listing is dropped or a new letter is sent to the new address.  If the
resource does not send back the survey, they are listed as a FERRET CONTACT
until STAR* is notified otherwise by the resource.

The March 1997 version of the STAR* resource list has been formatted and
sent to Bill Gruber and Pamela Greene for uploading on Ferret Central and to
the FML crowd that wants the file sent directly to them.  WARNING - this is
a huge file!

===  adoptees

Pet Pals (Northern Virginia) has quite a list of ferrets looking for homes,
plus there is a really nice collapsible double decker cage for sale,
practically brand new!  For more info on these - email [log in to unmask]

Pamela Troutman Grant

[Moderator's note: The new STAR* listing is not yet on the server here.
I'll make an announcement when it's available.  BIG]