From:
Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:49:00 GMT
Hi guys, I've been pretty busy of late, but I ran across something that was
just too funny not to share... The newspaper clipping is rather long to
enter.

It seems that there was a police surveillance being carried out by two
policemen in England.  Manchester I think.  These two bobbies were hiding in
the bushes watching the goings-on at some house.

One of the policeman felt something at his foot, looked down, and saw a tail
disappear up his leg.  The animal started clawing around, nibbling his leg,
and scrabbling with his pants.  The police officer jumped up in the air
yelling and batting at his pants.

Fortunately, the officer's pant leg was tight enough so this "animal"
couldn't get past his knee.

After much yelling and flailing around, he managed to dislodge the animal,
but completely blew his cover.  The two officers went to their car, and
started to drive away.

Driving away, they saw the "animal" - a ferret.  The two officers got out of
the car.  The first officer was all set to clobber the ferret with his
nightstick, but the second officer talked him out of it.  As the ferret was
rather tame, they picked the ferret up and took the ferret back to the police
station.  The first officer got quite a ribbing from his colleagues ;-)

After keeping it for a while, they turned it over to the RSPCA and hopefully
the RSPCA will manage to find the animal's owner.
--
"I can't stand this proliferation of paperwork.  It's useless to fight
the forms.  You've got to kill the people producing them."

[Moderator's note: Chris started the FML back in 1987.  I still hear from
him about job-related stuff :-(, but nice to see him on the FML now and
then too! BIG]