From:
Cheryl Bott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 15:55:17 -0500
I'm a lurker....and I didn't save the post that was about the family with
Giardia, and how they got it.

I've had repeated bouts of it, with no outside contact other than Groceries.
So I had some fruit checked by the Health dept that was marked South
American grown (grapes).  They tested positive.  I almost never wash my
fruit, but now I scrub it with a vegetable scrubber, and sometimes I use
soap.  Be very careful with food and water, as they are both carriers, as
are all lizards, and most birds, Beavers, snakes, ect..

Also, I bet I'm not the only one who saw the Black Footed Ferts on TV...Boy,
are they vocal!

I love the list.  I save every tidbit of info, and pass it on to my
Vet...who is thankful for the extra knowledge and experience of ownership.

My Family consists of:

Precious :) the ruby eyed white Fert Face.
Emmett the Otter :) I cannot explain his color...he seems to be a sable in
reverse, dispite the name, he's a Fert Face.
DiMarco...Min Poodle...Mascot of afore mentioned.
Chain & Saw, SugarGliders....commonly known as "flying Ferrets with an
attitude"!
Cheryl...biped...manipulated by all previously mentioned Creatures.

My Love and Prayers go out to all sick Fuzzies.