From:
Katalin H Korossy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 16:31:05 +0000
I have been lurking for some time, and thought that I might update you on my
ferret.  He is about 1 1/2 years old now, and quite obese.  He was found
outside, with hordes of nasty things, like fleas, ticks, and a maggot.  He
was only 1 pound, and was on medication.  He hated it, natch.  But now, he
is totally healthy.  He is 5 pounds and his cootey-wootey tummy-wummy is 1/2
foot across!!!  Somebody wrote in lately that they were concerned that their
ferret was too fat.  I am not blaming them, in fact, I think it is a sign
that they are very good, cocerned owners, but I do not think it is anything
to worry about.  Oh, by the way, here is a cute little story.  Once, when I
was filling up Rasin's water bowl, I noticed something disgusting at the
bottom.  I wanted Mom's input, so I did not scrub it off.  I took two little
contaners (the type margarine comes in) and set out food and water for him
in the living room.  Well, he sniffs them, topples both over, and spills the
water on the carpet.  By the time I could shout "RASIN!!!" He was halfway
down the stairs.  When I caught him he had one of those "who, me?" looks on
his face.  It is impossible to stay mad with the critters.  Even when they
run behind the computer and unplug the moniter at a critical moment when you
have to make a decision in 1 second.  Rasin's not vey afraid of our dog,
Tilly, anymore, but they still avoid each other.  Well signin' off for now,
thanks for the great posts keep 'em comin'.

P.S.  Disreard the name at the top, my name is Laszlo Korossy.