From:
Don Crano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 00:22:44 -0500
HOW can you tell if a ferret is deaf or just ignoring you?  Cinnamon my one
year old champagne female does not respond to my bell.  The other 3 all
understand that the bell means treats.  She loves treats it's just she
doesn't respond.  If any loud noise is made the 3 look at the cause but she
just goes about her own bussiness.  Sometimes it seems like she responds to
noise but just isn't interested, Maybe she caught the movement out of the
corner of her eye.  I asked my vet but he isn't very experienced with
fuzz-butts he said "she's fine and even if she was deaf it would have little
or no affect on her life." Is there any way for me to check, if she is deaf,
at home.  I know it doesn't make that big of a difference wheither or not
she is,but me and her mother like to know how our baby is and what handicap
she has if any.

        Thanx,
                Rob,Steph & the fuzzy four (soon to be six)

        Cinnamon "What?"
        Thyme,Basil,Sage

 WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU MEGA_BITE & TROUBLE
        LOVE,
                Uncle Rob&Aunt Steph
     (the two were temporary residents and have now returned to their
     dad and will be missed greatly)