From:
Elton & Nancy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:29:52 -0500
Hi gang -

Two ferret reference, the bad news first:

in USA Today:
Connecticut:
Berlin - a fire at "Pets for U" killed 18 dogs and numerous rabbits,
FERRETS, and mice.  The cause is unknown

Sad note for all of those animals who could have enlightend and blessed
lives.

happier note:  From the Readers' Digest Condensed books, volume 1 1995 "The
Acorn Winter", on page 502

"This here," said Beech, stooping over a new cage, "is a FERRET.  Got
himself caught in a snare, see".  He took out the long, lithe creature and
smoothed its fur.  "But 'e's mending nicely now".
"Where did he come from?" asked Beth
"Boy in the village... a pet see..."

Beech was a local character who cared for injured animals. Good story.

There was another reference to "ferrets" in a handgun magizine.  I can't
recall which one... but during the Vietnam war, the men who searched the VC
tunnels were called "Ferrets"...

Nan

Supernooper - Hershey, lets play
Hershey - ok, but don't get too rough
Argento - who wants to play with that big, smelly thing?

Genieve(Cat) - run, they are out!
Ruby - eeeek!
(Jett cat went over the Rainbow Bridge on February 5th from kidney failure.
Jett died the same day as I burried my mother, guess Mom wanted a sweet cat
to sit in her lap)

Nome(dog) - ouch, get off my tail!

Sandy (human) get that thing outta my shoe!