From:
Mark Zmyewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 1997 17:19:01 -0600
Hi everyone,

I wrote a while ago about a pet store here in Huntsville, Alabama charging
$200 for a male albino because albinos are "rare".  I told the woman working
at the store that albinos are not necessarily "rare", but that you just may
not see many.  Sables seem to be the most common, but that doesn't really
make albinos "rare".

Anyway, some friends and I have started a rescue and I got the chance to
meet a guy who was interested in adding a playmate for his other two
ferrets.  He told me that he bought his siamese male from this same pet
store, but the price of his ferret was $20 more than the other ferrets in
the cage because HE WAS A SIAMESE!  Oh, please!!  Can pet stores REALLY get
away with this?  All of the store's ferrets came from Marshall Farm, so I
know how much they paid for them.  They paid the SAME PRICE for each
individual ferret, not different prices for each color and/or pattern!

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be mad, or just realize that pet stores want
to make a profit and it's their right to make their profit as they see fit.

Thanks for letting me vent!

-Mark Zmyewski
 Cloud Nine Ferrets
 Huntsville, Alabama