From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 1997 21:46:51 -0500
My mother knows some Russian ladies in town who are helping a woman and her
son who are living here temporarily.  Apparently she saw the picture of my
ferrets at my mothers house and asked who's they were.  She is/was a circus
animal trainer in Russia and said she had raised 300 of "them".  Now I'm
wondering - were they domestic ferrets or steppe polecats?  My mother didn't
know what she was raising them for.  If I get the chance to ask I'm going to
need the Russian for both domestic ferret and steppe polecat to distinguish
between the two.  Any Russian linguists out there?

Mary, Boris and Giesela "Da, they dook over there too"