From:
Sally Childs-Helton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 12:13:32 -0500
Greetings from the Circle City Ferret Club!  We have a teen-aged ferret
owner who is moving with her family (and ferret) to Virginia Beach, VA in
July.  She is not on-line and wants whatever information she can get
regarding good ferret vets in the area, as well as contact info for clubs,
shelters, etc.  She is a highly responsible owner and I'll be glad to pass
on any information to her.  Many thanks!

Also regarding California, drugs, Leno, and ferrets, IMHO I think ferrets
are much more addictive than marijuana; I'd rate them right up there with
cocaine and morphine.  Really--how many people do you know with only ONE
ferret?  Maybe California should consider keeping them illegal not on the
grounds that they're wild critters, but because they're highly addictive--
once you have your first one, you only want more.  Some people have been
known to go to great lengths to support their ferret habit.  Many people
cannot kick the addiction and have ferrets for life, recklessly spending
money on Ferretone, ferret toys and treats, litter, and MORE FERRETS, which
keeps them from being good consumers of things like home appliances and
gadgets, new cars, and $150 athletic shoes.  These people don't even watch
TV--they're too busy watching their ferrets.  I mean, what's this world
coming to?  Is California the only state in the union that still has any
common sense by treating ferrets as a controlled substance and a clear
danger to civilization?  Wake up, people--ferrets are the most addictive
things known to mankind!  ;-)

Sally Childs-Helton
or her evil clone, sitting at her computer!
and controlled substances Yes, No, Oz, and Curious