Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 09:02:40 EST
From:
Melanie Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
A friend of mine asked me a good questions the other day that I wasn't sure
how to answer.  She recently purchased two adorable male ferrets from a guy
who had to get rid of them.  He said that they were updated on shots etc.,
however, he didn't seem like he was real in touch with the correct shots
that ferrets require.  Anyway, when ferrets get their first shots (distemper
shots) they usually get one and then go back a couple of weeks later for
their second round, correct?  What if the ferret only got the first
distemper shot and not the second, would that vaccine be affective to the
ferret at the present time or say 1 or 2 years later.  Each year the ferret
would get the distemper shot don't get me wrong, but would it be affective
eventhough that particular ferret never got the second shot when it was
younger?  How does that work?

Second question.  If a ferret is drinking its urine, does that mean that
he/she is lacking a particular vitamin in his/her diet or could it mean
several things?  Any info.  would be appreciated.

Have a wonderful day,
Melanie and the gang