From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 13:20:41 -0500
Hi Catherine--
I forgot to write down your email, so I'm posting this to the FML.  I just
wondered if Mithril has had a complete, every-test-possible vet exam
recently.  I know that when Amelia is in pain or scared she bites me hard,
and since ferrets aren't real good at communicating when they're in pain,
maybe there's something you don't know going on.  That might help explain
the Jekyll/Hyde transformation.  I've been able to turn around a bad biter,
but he was bad all the time.  I wish I had more to offer; I know this must
be very tough for you, and I really hope that some of the very experienced
voices on the FML come through for you.  BTW, I've also heard that covering
the ferret's nose can make them stop biting in a serious bite situation,
because they'll let go to breathe-- clearly a last resort solution.

Good luck,
Regina
and Cully and Amelia too

Regina Harrison
PhD Student, Anthropology; McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
Joint Co-ordinator, AGSEM-- McGill's TA union
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
"If that's all there is, my friends, then let's keep dancing" --Peggie Lee