From:
Eley Kohn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 17:29:06 +0000
WHY ferrets like corners SO much.

Someone was wondering why ferrets like corners so much.  Here is what I read
when I first got our one and only ferret.  (Sorry, but I don't remember the
source).  Because of their poor eyesight, and small size, ferrets feel
vulnerable from predators.  To keep an eye out, they prefer to poop by
backing up into a corner.  This makes sense to me.  Sounds like something
out of Asop's Tales, but it works for me.

Eleanor Kohn
email: [log in to unmask]