From:
Don Crano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 11:19:27 -0500
Rob&Steph Crano

Our ferret Basil has been having a serious case of diahrea and a bit of
vommiting.  We took him to the vets yesterday and they did a examination
including a fecal exam.  The only reason they could find was the recent
switch in foods (Nutro-cat to 8in1 ferret food).  We just recently adopted
him, the shelter used nutro-cat food.  I currently use 8in1 but I plan to
change to TF.  I was wondering if any you FML'ers had any advice on what I
should do?  The vet recomended ground beef and rice mix but Basil will not
eat it.  I was also told to give him a table spoon of yogurt and a 1/2 cc of
sulfatrim.  Which I have to force feed.  His activity is down a bit but he
still likes to romp.  I make sure he gets plenty of water and pedialyte.  We
are worried he may go down fast so I keep a constant eye on him.  Should we
change foods if so to what?  What food is best for ferrets any way?  Any
advice or personal experience will be appreciated.

        Thanx In Advance,

                Rob,Stephanie & the fuzzies
Thyme "where is that ferratone, I won't give up till I find some"
Cinny "You don't look to good Basil"
Basil "I feel sick daddy"
Sage  "hahaha where should i lay that next mine, when I grow up I want
to be just like Capt. Cassie, over and out"