From:
Melanie Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 09:02:12 EST
I sent a message to fml about a month ago and could not get in to check my
mail.  Please comment on this particular problem again if you will.  My
female ferret, Maggie (4 1/2 years old) has a bunch of black dots in her
ear.  I took her to Dr. Moffa here in Aberdeen, Md.  and he took a closer
look and said that these dots appeared to be round and purple.  He ruled out
acne and said that it could be cysts that are formed due to the blocking of
glands in the ear.  He was still unsure as to what it could be, so I wanted
to see if anyone has come across a similar problem and if so...what can you
do about it?

If anyone has any comments about this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

     Melanie and the gang (Maggie, Gizmo, and Norman)