From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 10:50:28 -0500
The Elyria (Ohio) Chronicle Telegram printed a front page (!) story about
the North Coast Ferret Shelter today (Feb 10).  The headline is "Ferrets are
fun, the little thieves".  The picture shows my daughter Joy being licked by
3 ferrets, 2 shelter and one ours.  Yes we cheated and smeared Ferretone
liberally on her face.  :-)

The article is very up-beat, starting "Living with a pet ferret can be a lot
like sharing your home with a thief, escape artist and clown."

It relays a couple cute stories, but warns ferrets are not for everyone.
Bev says "If you don't have time to take care of a dog or cat, you don't
have time to take care of a ferret... It's like taking care of a 2 yr old."

The article also says that even biters can be rehabilitated, telling the
story of Devil Girl and how she earned her name.  Devil is now "docile,
sweet-tempered and playful".

Bev and I are bracing for an onslaught of calls. Joy is bracing for being
called "Ferret-face" by the kids at school... the price of fame. :-)

Linda Iroff
North Coast Ferret Shelter
Serving Northeast Ohio
http://www.oberlin.edu/~liroff/ncfs.html