From:
Rebecca Katlin Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 15:40:15 -0500
Hello everybody,

Yesterday my SO and I were going to be out for a while and the girls hadn't
had enough exercise yet so I decided to leave them out.  We do this
occasionally if we are coming back in an hour or two since our apartment is
now well ferret proofed.  They usually just run around and then curl up in
the one kitchen drawer they have access too (it has cloth napkins in it so
its soft) and go to sleep.  Not this time.

We came home and there was broken glass all over the kitchen floor.  Monkey
had somehow gotton onto the kitchen table (never saw that before) and
knocked over a vase with flowers in it.  Water and glass was all over the
place.  My SO was mad and buzy cleaning up the mess, but I was scared that
maybe they could have been hurt.  Fortunately they were all curled up in the
drawer sleeping like little angels (no cuts and seeming perfectly content).
My SO was fuming, water had spilled all over very important papers including
an upcoming plane ticket.  I pooh poohed him saying it was his fault he
hadn't put those papers away.  If they were important he should have treated
them as such.

Next I notice an entire bag of dried mangos is now empty.  It was about a
pound of fruit and I can't imagine they could have possibly eaten it all so
I begin the mango hunt.  Under the drawer was a huge stash and I declared
victory (a bit too early).  Later that evening I saw Monkey dash under our
bed with what appeared to be yet another mango.  A flashlight revealed an
auxilary stash.  I threw those away too.  Yet again, an hour later, Monkey
was spoted with mango in tow.  She had discovered how to get into the trash
can (and it is a TALL kitchen trash can).  Down the garbage disposal the
rest of the mangos went.

Poor Monkey loves mangos and looks up at me all hurt with big brown eyes.
My SO claims she is the devil incarnate, and should be punished by being
sent to her cage (for a week!).  I on the other hand, felt she was more than
adequately "punished" by her more than certain tummy ache and diarea from
eating too many mangos!

They sure keep us busy don't they?

Rebecca,
Jitterbug and Monkey - the mango eater