From:
"Joseph J. Kwiatkowski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 11:10:18 -0500
Within month or so, I will be losing my second ferret.  That damn lymphoma
has struck again.  Socks is just four years old and is not going to make it
much longer.  I also lost a ten month old, Fireball, a couple of years ago.
I am very angry because the root of the problem is the store bought ferrets.
They are laboratory bred and neutered way to young.  This is ridiculus, a
ferret should live for about ten years or so and now the average of the
store bought is about three years.

Something has to be done about this.  Both of my babies were gifts, so I had
no say in where they were purchased.  Regardless of that fact, think of all
of the people out there that have been and will be "burned" with a ferret,
that they have become very attached to, that passes in a couple of years.  I
am sure that many of you out there can relate to these circumstatnces.

I am sorry to be babbling, but I just felt that it needed to be said.  I
will soon be starting chemotherapy to try to extend Socks' life since she
still is pretty normal except for the weight loss.

Just a piece of advise for all of those interested in getting a ferret, buy
from an in home breeder-look for them at the ferret shows, stay away from
the pet stores!!!!!

Joe :(