From:
Tanya M Vestal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 12:41:00 -0600
EUREKA!  Bongo has finally learned a trick!  (not that she's not smart
enough - she just thinks she's above that kind of thing) But, many hours and
2 bags of raisins later (not all at once!!), she finally learned to play
dead.  If you point your finger at her and say "Bang!" she'll roll on her
back and stick her legs in the air.  It's hilarious.  Letterman, here we
come...

I finally found wood stove pellets (you'd think in ND, they'd be a little
easier to find) at Mills' Fleet Farm.  THEY'RE GREAT!  No more ferts with
runny noses, and only $2.39 for 40 lbs.  They played in them a little at
first, and Boomer insisted on tasting them, but now they're just something
to pooty in, and completely uninteresting.  And, my favorite part, NO SMELL!
YESSS!!!

This is kind of a delicate topic, but do anyone else's ferrets have a
problem with, well...flatulence?  Boomer does, on a regular (pardon the pun)
basis.  When we pick him up, he gets a funny look on his face, and then we
hear "pooooooo", and WOWZA you would not believe the smell that can come
from something so small!!  If this keeps up, we're going to have to get poor
Bongo a gas mask.  :) I guess the "stinky slinky" is a more fitting nickname
for him than we thought!

Tanya
Bongo ("...can't...breathe....<gasp>...need air...")
Boomer ("What??  Why is everyone looking at me?   Whew - is that the
         dog?  Hey, wait a minute, we don't have a dog...")