From:
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 21:26:28 -0800
From:    "M. JOYT" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: More on Natural Pet

>I do, however, get two Fancy Pubications magazines, and they are the ones
>who make that magazine.

>We should ask them to do a ferret magazine, too!  But then again, we don't
>want Mary and Eric Shefferman out of business, and Modern Ferret is good
>enough for me!  :o)

Ferrets USA is from Fancy Publications.  It is an annual with decent
articles not up to Modern Ferrets standards but okay.  Pretty much generic
articles year to year as is Fancy Pub's trademark.  They did hit on
legalization efforts one year at least.  It is however full of ads from
breeders and other vendors both ones we recommend and ones we don't.  We
were in one year.  Haven't decided if we'll ever do it again.  We don't
really need to advertise.  Heavy on ads is another Fancy trademark since
they are heavily pet industry oriented.  They also put out Critters USA
that has some ferret content.

Worth a read.  But keep the Modern Ferret subscription for year round fun
and more depth in the articles.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/